I photograph both posed and lifestyle sessions. Posed sessions are very structured and take some time to complete. Baby usually has to be sleeping and props are used. Lifestyle sessions are more organic is style and don’t require a few hours to capture. I have packages that range between 1 and 2 hours. Lifestyle session are also more casual and take place in the client’s home.
For baby L’s session, I was there for an hour. I documented baby by himself and with this parents. We moved around to different rooms in the apartment to capture different backdrops and light.
The lighting for this session was mostly natural; however, had to use some bounce flash as it was a very gloomy day.
The client’s home was amazing. I loved the set up of their bedroom. Simply decor with a splash of yellow. I love yellow!!
How to prepare for a Lifestyle Newborn Session:
- Declutter. Get rid of anything you don’t want in the photos. This includes items on tables, walls and on the floor. It is distracting when looking at a newborn photo and there is a pop can or stack of paper in the background.
- Clean your windows. Lifestyle photography is reliant on natural light. A lot of the photos will be in front of windows so make sure fingerprints are removed so the focus of each image is on baby.
- Dust and vacuum. Wipe off tables, mantles, counter tops and vacuum the floor. If I’m taking any macro or close up shots of baby, any dust of debris will show up more in the photos.
- Baby Outfits. Organize any outfits you want baby to wear so they are readily at hand.
- Parent and sibling outfits. Have a lint roller on hand. Iron and steam any clothes you will be wearing in the photos before photographer arrives.
Now I understand not everyone’s house is perfect, I know mine is always a mess. Just do your best and if I think anything is distracting in the photos I will let you know.
If you would like to book a newborn session please contact me at email@example.com or fill out the contact form on my website.